It is already the third week of January! How are your New Year’s Resolutions going so far?
By now, a lot of people give up after only a few weeks. You’ve probably been there or heard the same excuses time and time again from family or friends.
Did you know University of Scranton research suggests that just 8% of people achieve their New Year’s goals? That means a whopping 92% of people fail to complete their resolutions.
We hope you aren’t one of the 92%, but if you are struggling to keep up with the goals you set for yourself this year, we want to help.
One of the top reasons people fail to reach their goals is, “No time.”
No time to exercise. No time to learn something new. No time to find healthy recipes. No time to cook. No time to spend on yourself.
We wanted to find some quick and easy tips to destroy these excuses by giving you simple ways to add exercise to your daily routine without any time spent in the gym.
Check out this list and find a couple you can do today!
- Squat or do calf raises while you brush your teeth.
- Never take the elevator again. Take those steps!
- Turn your house into a dance club. Crank up your favorite music and dance like no one is watching, or grab your kids and make it a family dance party.
- Clean vigorously. Clean your house by putting your whole body into it and exaggerate your movements. That may not sound like a thrilling idea, but you will burn extra calories and get a sparkling house in the process.
- While talking on the phone pace around your home/office.
- Park far away from the entrance wherever you go. Those extra steps will add up!
- Stand up more than you sit down. All. Day. Long.
- Never worry about going into a room and forgetting why you are in there ever again. Retracing your steps just means you're taking even more steps!
- Do planks or jumping jacks during TV commercials.
- Carry your grocery bags instead of using a shopping cart when possible.
- Jump rope or hula-hoop with your kids or grandkids.
- Suggest a walking meeting.
- Go to a playground. Use the equipment like you are a kid again.
- Doing laundry? Lunge down a hallway in your home with your full laundry basket. Or use that full detergent bottle as a free weight and do some bicep curls.
- Got your eight hours of sleep? Fantastic! Get up! More time on your feet means more movement for you!
- While dinner is cooking, do some push-ups or sit-ups in the kitchen.
- Take your dog for a walk. If you don't have a dog, offer to walk the neighbor's dog.
- Take the long way around the store to get your errands done.
- Go outside and pull weeds or mow the lawn.
- Ride your bike to work (if you’re able to).
- If you take the subway or bus to work, get off a stop early and walk the rest of the way.
- Move your furniture around.
- Wash your car. Wash your spouse’s car. Wash your neighbor’s car!
- Walk around the block before getting your mail from the mailbox.
- While you are waiting in line at the bank or grocery, contract and relax your abs.
Now that you have some super easy ways to add in exercise each day, here is a quick and easy dinner recipe for you to make tonight that your family is sure to LOVE! This recipe only takes 30 minutes total, so there’s no excuse for a healthy, homemade meal!
Hopefully these helpful tips will keep you on track and able to destroy the common excuse of not having enough time.
Keep up the GREAT work and continue to BE YOUR BEST SELF this year in whatever you choose to do.
I want to hear from you! Did you try some of these simple tricks today? Let me know in the comments!
Yours in Health & Happiness,
P.S. Don't forget about our SlimTea Capsules that you can take with you on-the-go when you "don't have time" to make a cup of tea. :-)